What is Rent-Try-Buy®
The Solution is Rent-Try-Buy®
From small family restaurants to franchise groups and large corporate catering services, the right funding is essential if you want to keep your options open, and preserve as much cash as possible to grow and expand. Silver Chef provides a funding solution to give you access to quality commercial catering equipment.
Unique to the marketplace, the Rent-Try-Buy® Solution allows you to save your hard earned working capital rather than spending it on depreciating assets.
Choose to rent commercial catering equipment and if you exercise your option to buy, we reduce your purchase price by 75% of the rent you’ve already paid.
Rent-Try-Buy® is designed for businesses requiring Commercial Catering Equipment, Commercial Refrigeration Equipment or kitchen fit-outs.
Our Rent-Try-Buy® Solution is perfect for restaurateurs and caterers who want to keep their options open.
With the Rent-Try-Buy® Solution, you aren’t locked into a long-term contract. Instead, we offer a 12-month agreement, so your business has the flexibility to:
- Purchase equipment at any time during the first 12 months and receive a 75% rental rebate
- Return equipment at the end of the 12-month agreement if it is no longer required
- Continue to rent – and we’ll simply continue to reduce your purchase price
- Upgrade should you decide your business has outgrown the original equipment
Off-Balance Item – No Director’s guarantee required Buy with 75% rebate on the rent you’ve paid – Return or continue renting (& lower the purchase price).
A lease is a balance sheet item – which reduces your equity, your ability to borrow and, accordingly, your availability of working capital. Rent is an ‘off-balance’ sheet item (like salaries or electricity). This means that rental contracts have no impact on your equity, or on your ability to borrow.
A lease requires a lot of paperwork and binds you into a 2, 3, 4 or 5 year contract. This contract makes it difficult to trade or sell your equipment when it comes time to upgrade your kitchen.
A Silver Chef Rent-Try-Buy® agreement involves minimal paperwork, meaning you can get the equipment you need immediately – and enjoy the flexibility to upgrade whenever it suits.
Benefits of Rent-Try-Buy®
- Low weekly rental repayments
- The chance to free up your valuable working capital
- The ability to try before you buy
- Peace of mind from knowing you’re not stuck with equipment that isn’t perfect for your needs
- The ability to add further equipment as your business grows
- A 12 month agreement – don’t get locked into a long term lease
- No directors’ guarantees, so you don’t have to put your house on the line!
- Rental payments are 100% tax-deductible
- Renting is off ‘balance sheet’, meaning it doesn’t affect your capacity to borrow for future expansion
- Furthermore our application process is simple and obligation free